Position we are looking to fill:
VStar is looking for a Marketing Manager who will have primary oversight and responsibility for driving ticket revenue in designated markets. This role will work in close partnership with the marketing team including channel specialists, and the booking team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Key responsibilities of this role include delivering on revenue and growth expectations while managing to market-specific budgets. Marketing Managers use data, insight, and judgement to effectively deploy millions of dollars of advertising spend. Marketing Manager performance directly influences company performance.
- Partner with booking team and other marketing managers to ensure we are fully optimizing and maximizing revenue through touring schedule for multiple brand properties.
- Plan and execute traditional media buys (TV, radio, outdoor)
- Collaborate closely with VStar Digital Marketing team to drive revenue through digital advertising and social media, and to maximize conversion potential
- Manage event advertising budgets and settlement with venue partners and paid media invoicing
- Collaborate with publicity team for local market execution.
- Give direction and guidance to Marketing Coordinators who support marketing managers with market execution.
- Think creatively about new and unique ways to promote market opportunity (grass roots, custom partnerships, etc.)
- Think critically regarding ticket inventory with regards to dynamic pricing strategies, Groupon and other discounting
- Provide “market expertise” to senior management and help inform critical decision making around tour routes and operating models
- Manage to and track clear marketing KPIs to maximize potential revenue, without sacrificing long term brand quality
- Handle high-level customer service issues or requests
- Manage special projects as assigned
We want you if you have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field of business required
- Media buying, entertainment industry or venue experience desirable but not required
- Functional knowledge of Digital marketing and social media required
- Ability to build and maintain relationships; confident leadership presence comfortable working with and building winning relationships with critical strategic partners, strong negotiation skills for managing venues and media
- Superior written and verbal communications skills
- Leadership presence and confidence working with senior management and corporate partners
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines in a highly professional environment
- Excellent creative problem solving skills with a track record for smart, on-the-fly troubleshooting and collaborative resolution
- Experience with multi-location business (touring, retail etc.) and/or hyperlocal activation extremely valuable
- High energy, “yes-and,” team player attitude required
- Sense of curiosity and a hunger to discover and understand emerging trends in marketing and children’s entertainment
- Experience contributing to a positive, collaborative, team-oriented work environment.
- As a high growth, entrepreneurial company with 30 years of family entertainment history, we are anchored by the value of the prior journey with a firm, shared commitment to the road ahead
- We are aligned around a shared vision of winning as one team, one company
- We are dedicated to the growth, well-being and happiness of the individual
We offer a competitive package of work life flexibility, health, dental, and vision benefits. Company paid life insurance, AD&D and Long-Term Disability and 401(k) company match. Short term disability, additional life insurance, paid holidays and paid time off.
Must currently live in or willing to relocate to Minneapolis, MN. MAY consider exceptionally strong candidate for remote hire. Schedule and travel requirements vary with production timing.