Position we are looking to fill: Our Costumes & Creatures Division is seeking a reliable individual to fill a full-time Costume Technician/Dyer role. This position is responsible for dying materials for costumes and for constructing new or refurbishing existing costume pieces.
We want you if you:
- Can work closely with the Dye Team Lead and shop management to complete projects according to the dye team schedule.
- Have an excellent color sense for precision dyeing.
- Have the ability to use dyes and chemicals required in the dye process.
- Can work independently, are self-motivated, resourceful, and can work with minimal supervision.
- Can stand, bend over and have full range of motion needed to carry out job tasks.
- Have excellent skills in problem-solving, communication and organization.
- Have the ability to lift fabrics up to 50 pounds and also the ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Have intermediate to advanced hand and machine sewing skills.
- Are willing to provide support for other projects and assignments based on current business needs.
- Love contributing to a positive, collaborative, team-oriented work environment.
Who We Are:
Nearly four decades, VStar has presented 39,000+ performances worldwide in 40+ countries, reaching more than two million guests annually.
In addition to its touring shows, VStar’s acclaimed production facility creates standout solutions for live events, custom dimensional exhibits, entertainment tours, costumes, and mascots.
VStar produces hundreds of projects per year for clients ranging from Advertising Agencies in the Experiential world, to Target and General Mills in the Corporate marketplace, to the NBA and Fox Sports in the world of Sports, to Universal Studios Japan and Royal Caribbean International in Entertainment.
Our Costumes & Creatures division leads the industry in designing and creating mascots and character costumes with production integrity and durability customized to each costume's intended use.
VStar Entertainment Group, with its years of experience, innovative production, and strategic partnerships is uniquely positioned to expand as a leader in the live entertainment, production services and mascot industries.
• As a high growth, entrepreneurial company with 30 years of family entertainment history, we are anchored by the value of the prior journey with a firm, shared commitment to the road ahead
• We are aligned around a shared vision of winning as one team, one company
• We are dedicated to the growth, well-being and happiness of the individual
We offer a competitive package of work life flexibility, health, dental, and vision benefits. Company paid life insurance, AD&D and Long-Term Disability and 401(k) company match. Short term disability, additional life insurance, paid holidays and paid time off.