Position we are looking to fill:
VStar is looking for a dynamic, creative, organized and passionate Tour Publicist who will drive local and national press activation in support of our touring productions PAW Patrol Live! “The Great Pirate Adventure” and PAW Patrol Live! “Race to the Rescue”, as well as any new productions launched by VStar.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate all publicity opportunities (in-studio interviews, phone interviews, special appearances at hospitals, charitable foundation requests, etc.)
- Help design & strategize publicity opportunities (TV/radio, print, online, etc.) for tours.
- Draft, proof and distribute VStar press releases
- Coordination with Social Media team to maximize coverage across channels
- Create/refresh media lists
- Field incoming press inquiries
- Oversee ongoing media relations, including writing and distributing media pitches and building/maintaining strong relationships with local consumer and trade media.
- Project manage each tour market and organize publicity details, pitches, feedback, changes, updates for multiple touring properties.
- Monitor coverage and provide market recap & reporting from TV, print, and web.
- Design and execute Pub Seminar training for cast of each tour including updates, revisions, and ongoing training throughout the tour season
- Serve as on call point of contact for questions that arise from tour managers on the road and/or from media. Must be available at all hours
- Work with Director of Publicity to plan, contract and manage outside agencies and individuals for services needed and manage relationships with vendors.
- Assist in coordination of photo and video shoots for publicity & marketing content.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
We want you if you have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing or related field required
- Minimum 3 years of publicity or PR experience required
- Agency/events/entertainment industry experience with publicity is strongly desired
- Strong working knowledge of publicity, PR, and social media required
- Exceptional project management skills and attention to detail required.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships;
- Experience and comfort speaking on-camera and/or in front of sizeable groups
- Superior written and verbal communications skills
- Leadership presence and confidence working with senior management and corporate partners
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Excellent creative problem-solving skills with a track record for smart, on-the-fly troubleshooting and collaborative resolution
- Experience with multi-location business (touring, retail etc.) and/or hyperlocal activation extremely valuable
- High energy and team player attitude required
- Sense of curiosity and a hunger to discover and understand emerging trends in marketing and children’s entertainment
- Love contributing to a positive, collaborative, team-oriented work environment.
- Being able to travel up to 25% of the time.
- As a high growth, entrepreneurial company with 30 years of family entertainment history, we are anchored by the value of the prior journey with a firm, shared commitment to the road ahead
- We are aligned around a shared vision of winning as one team, one company
- We are dedicated to the growth, well-being and happiness of the individual
We offer a competitive package of work life flexibility, health, dental, and vision benefits. Company paid life insurance, AD&D and Long-Term Disability and 401(k) company match. Short term disability, additional life insurance, paid holidays and paid time off.