Production Coordinator -- Entertainment
Who We Are:
VStar Entertainment Group is a Minnesota-based company founded in 2015 because of two substantial acquisitions in the live entertainment industry: VEE Corporation, one of the most respected names in family-friendly entertainment, having delighted millions of children around the world since Sesame Street LIVE’s debut performance in 1980; and Blue Star Media, a leading producer and promoter of consumer shows and events, having promoted more than 2,000 live events across the nation.
These acquisitions have provided VStar Entertainment Group with the unwavering ability to provide clients and partners in the corporate, sports, museum and event marketing industry with a robust portfolio of production and promotion services, backed by over 30 years of experience.
In addition to its touring shows, VStar’s acclaimed production facility creates standout solutions for live events, custom dimensional exhibits, entertainment tours, costumes, and mascots.
VStar produces hundreds of projects per year for clients ranging from Advertising Agencies in the Experiential world, to Target and General Mills in the Corporate marketplace, to the NBA and Fox Sports in the world of Sports, to Universal Studios Japan and Royal Caribbean International in Entertainment.
VStar Entertainment Group, with its years of experience, innovative production, and strategic partnerships is uniquely positioned to expand as a leader in the live entertainment, production services and mascot industries.
• As a high growth, entrepreneurial company with 30 years of family entertainment history, we are anchored by the value of the prior journey with a firm, shared commitment to the road ahead
• We are aligned around a shared vision of winning as one team, one company
• We are dedicated to the growth, well-being and happiness of the individual
Health, Dental, Life, and Vision available
401(k) with company match
Paid holidays and paid time off
Position we are looking to fill:
Our Production Entertainment team is looking for a full-time Production Coordinator. This role handles all the details and support work so our managers, directors, and producers can focus on creating high-quality entertainment experiences. The Production Coordinator will also participate in rehearsals and production by stage managing VStar shows and projects.
(This is a non-exempt role, eligible for overtime.)
We want you if you:
- Enjoy working with a dynamic production team on pre-production, scheduling, processing expenses, making script updates and more for VStar theatrical shows, touring exhibits, and other projects.
- Are dedicated to making sure are the details are taken care of, including booking travel, meeting arrangements, catering, and presentations.
- Can perform administrative support with minimal supervision including document prep, copying, data entry, filing, expense reports, shipping, vendor supplies. Example: assemble welcome packets for cast members, including hire letter, paperwork, script and other show materials.
- Are excited to provide research assistance for new projects, scripts, personnel, vendors, products, etc.
- Will assist with audition notices, arrangements for auditions, compilation lists, audition website, correspondence, and managing of performer database.
- Like serving as a Stage Manager for productions as assigned (training provided, if needed).
- Enjoy working autonomously on assigned work responsibilities.
- Love contributing to a positive, collaborative, team-oriented work environment.
- Have 1-3 years’ work experience in an office environment or entertainment field
- Have strong communication skills
- Are flexible, creative, and committed to assisting others
- Are proficient in the use of Mac and PC platforms, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, with willingness to learn additional software such as iMovie, Dropbox, Airtable and others.
Additional experience that will catch our eye:
- Theatre, Event and/or Exhibit experience
- Stage Management experience
- Experience coordinating a project with multiple people involved
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter, highlighting why you are interested in this position to email@example.com.