Position we are looking to fill: Our Operations and Production Services Division is seeking a full-time Director of Technical Services. This position will Direct oversight and management of VStar’s technical department that conceptualizes, builds, maintains, services and supports the companies live event productions including internal theatrical touring shows, corporate events, brand activations and experiential agency projects.
Provide overall leadership and direction on innovative technology and materials for all projects through direct management of the technical shop’s hard assets and personnel.
We want you if you:
- Have 10+ years in either one of a multiple of disciplines including but not limited to:
- Technical Theatre, Touring Production Management, Production Rental House Management, Electrical Engineering.
- Possess Work ethic centered behaviors around project completion and motivating direct reports toward a client focused end goal in a fast-paced environment
- Can perform assigned duties and responsibilities under minimal supervision and can make accurate and informed decisions, balancing and establishing priorities in relation to workload and time availability.
- Willingness to travel as required, performing all aspects of the position.
- Ability to perform in a manner which contributes to an overall team effort with a willingness to assist others as workload requires and time allows.
- Adheres to and enforces all established safety procedures outlined in VPS safety manual.
- Enjoy contributing to a positive, collaborative, team-orientated work environment
- Directly responsible for the general management of the annual financial plan for the Technical Services Department.
- Participates with the SVP of Production & Operations in creating the division business plan, which includes: financial and labor projections, COG estimates, and overhead. Supervises the administrative process necessary to track production manufacturing budgets. Analyze, report, and ensure budget accountability.
- Oversee R&D development for project integration of existing and upcoming technologies including LED integration, interactive web-based experiences, engineering of truss systems, show control, tour lighting, audio, video and augmented reality.
- Works closely with management team to identify and recommend policies and procedures which will promote improvement in production capabilities, raise revenue, and lower direct cost and overhead.
- Evaluate projects, from a technical and financial standpoint, to ensure feasibility and success as it relates to budget, schedule and quality. In conjunction with Lighting Shop Manager, foresee and prevent overages in time and money while maintaining the highest quality possible. Participate, as needed, in client meetings with Sales Department to determine specific needs of each project.
- Participate in all bid reviews, kick-off meetings and post-mortems to ensure that pertinent information is reported and analyzed in an effective manner to provide archival information for future projects and reference.
- Supervision internal employees and contractors. Maintain close working relationships with key staff to oversee the entire manufacturing facility and personnel. Oversee workflow and deadlines while facilitating good communication across all departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Shop Lighting Manager
- Lighting Technician
- Video Technician
- Audio Technician
Who We Are:
VStar Entertainment Group is a Minneapolis-based company founded in 2015 because of two substantial acquisitions in the live entertainment industry: VEE Corporation, one of the most respected names in family-friendly entertainment, having delighted millions of children around the world since Sesame Street LIVE’s debut performance in 1980; and Blue Star Media, a leading producer and promoter of consumer shows and events, having promoted more than 2,000 live events across the nation.
These acquisitions have provided VStar Entertainment Group with the unwavering ability to provide clients and partners in the corporate, sports, museum and event marketing industry with a robust portfolio of production and promotion services, backed by over 30 years of experience.
In addition to its touring shows, VStar’s acclaimed production facility creates standout solutions for live events, custom dimensional exhibits, entertainment tours, costumes, and mascots. VStar Entertainment Group, with its years of experience, innovative production, and strategic partnerships is uniquely positioned to expand as a leader in the live entertainment, production services and mascot industries.
• As a high growth, entrepreneurial company with 30 years of family entertainment history, we are anchored by the value of the prior journey with a firm, shared commitment to the road ahead.
• We are aligned around a shared vision of winning as one team, one company.
• We are dedicated to the growth, well-being and happiness of the individual.
If interested, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
VStar Entertainment Group is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.