VStar Entertainment Group –
Location: Minneapolis, MN
About VStar Entertainment Group
VStar Entertainment Group is one of the leading multi-concept entertainment platforms, producers and promoters of family-friendly theatrical productions, exhibits, installations and events. Headquartered in the Twin Cities, VStar has presented more than 36,000 performances worldwide over the past 38 years, touring across 40 countries and entertaining nearly two million guests annually. The company owns, operates and promotes tours across the U.S. and internationally, including PAW Patrol Live!, a high-energy musical adventure based on the hit animated series that airs on Nickelodeon and is produced by Spin Master; Sesame Street LIVE, a Broadway-quality musical production produced in cooperation with Sesame Workshop for the past 37 years; Cirque Dreams, which combines a cirque-style of performance artistry with Broadway theatrics; and Discover the Dinosaurs UNLEASHED, a prehistoric-themed educational exhibit with attractions for the whole family.
Other VStar (formerly VEE Corporation) licensed partners and productions have included Sesame Street, Barney, Bear in the Big Blue House, Care Bears, Curious George, Dragon Tales, Hello Kitty, Kidz Bop and My Little Pony. Through its state-of-the-art production facility, VStar also creates turnkey, in-house solutions, including custom fabricated exhibits, large-scale sets, scenery, 3-D installations, mascots and costumes, serving as a third-party resource for professional sports teams, Fortune 500 companies and experiential marketing agencies.
VStar is an attractive company with a strong financial profile, attractive EBITDA margins and high free cash flow. The Company is an established organization with senior management depth led by a CEO with a proven background in live events and expertise in architecting a clear company vision and cohesive company culture. As a leading touring entertainment platform with diversified content (five active and operational shows), format (arenas, theatres, convention centers, state fairs, etc.) and geography (U.S. and international), VStar is innovative, motivated and uniquely positioned to capitalize on the large-scale family entertainment market.
- As a high growth, entrepreneurial company with 30 years of family entertainment history, we are anchored by the value of the prior journey with a firm, shared commitment to the road ahead
- We are aligned around a shared vision of winning as one team, one company
- We are dedicated to the growth, well-being and happiness of the individual
Overview of Role
VStar is looking for a Marketing Manager who will have primary oversight and responsibility for driving ticket revenue in designated markets. This role will work in close partnership with the marketing team including channel specialists, and the booking team.
Key responsibilities of this role include delivering on revenue and growth expectations while managing to market-specific budgets. Marketing Managers use data, insight, and judgement to effectively deploy millions of dollars of advertising spend. Marketing Manager performance directly influences company performance.
- Partner with booking team and other marketing managers to ensure we are fully optimizing and maximizing revenue through touring schedule for multiple brand properties.
- Plan and execute traditional media buys (TV, radio, outdoor)
- Collaborate closely with VStar Digital Marketing team to drive revenue through digital advertising and social media, and to maximize conversion potential
- Collaborate with publicity team for local market execution.
- Give direction and guidance to Marketing Coordinators who support marketing managers with market execution.
- Think creatively about new and unique ways to promote market opportunity (grass roots, custom partnerships, etc.)
- Provide “market expertise” to senior management and help inform critical decision making around tour routes and operating models
- Manage to and track clear marketing KPIs to maximize potential revenue, without sacrificing long term brand quality
- Manage special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field of business required
- Media buying, entertainment industry and venue experience needed
- Functional knowledge of Digital marketing and social media required
- Ability to build and maintain relationships; confident leadership presence comfortable working with and building winning relationships with critical strategic partners, strong negotiation skills for managing venues and media
- Superior written and verbal communications skills
- Leadership presence and confidence working with senior management and corporate partners
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines in a highly professional environment
- Excellent creative problem solving skills with a track record for smart, on-the-fly troubleshooting and collaborative resolution
- Experience with multi-location business (touring, retail etc.) and/or hyperlocal activation extremely valuable
- High energy, “yes-and,” team player attitude required
- Sense of curiosity and a hunger to discover and understand emerging trends in marketing and children’s entertainment
- Currently live in or willing to relocate to Minneapolis, MN.MAY consider exceptionally strong candidate for remote hire.
- The position offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Schedule and travel requirements vary with production timing.