Position we are looking to fill:
Our Costumes & Creatures Division is seeking a full-time Costume Developer. This position would be responsible for developing and constructing new costumes pieces, with effective use of resources. Collaborates with other team members for completion of entire costume project.
We want you if you:
- Enjoy working in a fun inclusive environment.
- Possess exceptional communication, and organization abilities.
- Are self-motivated, resourceful and can work with minimal supervision.
- Are able to provide effective work direction.
- Have intermediate to advanced
- Costume patterning skills.
- Costume construction skills.
- Sewing machine skills.
- Enjoy contributing to a positive, collaborative, team-oriented work environment.
- Patterns or sculpts prototypes of new costume pieces as assigned. Constructs molds as necessary.
- Constructs or oversees the construction of costume prototype.
- Contributes to project plans in collaboration with Project Manager, Supervisor, and/or Lead Costume Developer to develop and execute work plan for each assigned project.
- Develops new construction techniques to meet specific project needs. Answers questions regarding techniques and materials.
- Performs or collaborates in fitting of costumes pieces throughout construction and/or at completion.
- Maintains records and patterns to established shop standards.
- Keeps accurate records of time and materials on each project.
- Maintains quality control standards.
- Maintains organized and efficient work spaces.
- Uses hand tools and machines/equipment necessary in construction of costumes, such as band saws, sanders, rivet guns, power drills, heat guns, vacuform machine, sewing machines, etc.
- Ability to work with adhesives, paints, and other chemicals used in construction of costumes pieces.
- Ability to provide effective work direction to staff and overhire technicians.
- Performs fittings and alterations of finished costumes, in shop or at rehearsal venues both in and out of town, as requested.
- Ability to complete assigned job responsibilities under minimal supervision, balancing, and establishing priorities in relation to workload and time availability.
- Maintains exemplary professionalism with all internal and external VStar stakeholders.
- Willingness and ability to contribute to a positive, team-oriented work environment.
- And, additional duties as requested or assigned.
Who We Are:
VStar Entertainment Group is a Minneapolis-based company founded in 2015 as a result of two substantial acquisitions in the live entertainment industry: VEE Corporation, one of the most respected names in family-friendly entertainment, having delighted millions of children around the world since Sesame Street LIVE’s debut performance in 1980; and Blue Star Media, a leading producer and promoter of consumer shows and events, having promoted more than 2,000 live events across the nation.
These acquisitions have provided VStar Entertainment Group with the unwavering ability to provide clients and partners in the corporate, sports, museum and event marketing industry with a robust portfolio of production and promotion services, backed by over 30 years of experience.
In addition to its touring shows, VStar’s acclaimed production facility creates standout solutions for live events, custom dimensional exhibits, entertainment tours, costumes, and mascots.
VStar produces hundreds of projects per year for clients ranging from Advertising Agencies in the Experiential world, to Target and General Mills in the Corporate marketplace, to the NBA and Fox Sports in the world of Sports, to Universal Studios Japan and Royal Caribbean International in Entertainment.
VStar Entertainment Group, with its years of experience, innovative production, and strategic partnerships is uniquely positioned to expand as a leader in the live entertainment, production services and mascot industries.
- As a high growth, entrepreneurial company with 30 years of family entertainment history, we are anchored by the value of the prior journey with a firm, shared commitment to the road ahead
- We are aligned around a shared vision of winning as one team, one company
- We are dedicated to the growth, well-being and happiness of the individual